Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am my OWN person; but are you really?

That's the question I constantly find myself asking even me. "Who am I?" is the original version of that question. The problem with that question is that we have no point of reference to answer it. We didn't make us.
We were created, or if you can believe it, we are an accident. We tell our kids they were never an accident, just unplanned. Then are we all accidents? Who we are is either a product of our upbringing, a product of genetics, a product of our Creator, or of our environment. OR maybe it is a combination of any or all of these?
I have an untested theory (how would you test/observe it scientifically? This is Science's major dilemma with meta-physics and religion: Science is bound by Physics; though theory reigns.): We are alive and have an opportunity to use our talents and abilities (learned or innate? Science doesn't know; theory= yes: know= no.) to discover our OWN way and find our OWN direction possibly planned out for us from that beginning (big bang or creation or both?) Albert Einstein had to agree happened some time ago.
It is that journey I want to explore, because I see so many people (I get there myself sometimes) who seem lost or directionless or "listless". In those times, are we "on hold" or at a plateau, awaiting others or events to come together or "catch up" with us or "the master plan"? I would like to help you "Discover Your OWN Direction"(c).

No comments: